ASO=AIDS Service Organization; CDC=Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; MSM=men who have sex with men; NIH=National Institutes of Health; ROAH=Research on Older Adults with HIV.
- 1. High KP, Brennan-Ing M, Clifford DB, et al; OAR Working Group on HIV and Aging. HIV and aging: state of knowledge and areas of critical for research. A report to the NIH office of AIDS research by the HIV and aging working group. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;60(suppl1):S1-S18.
- 2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV Among Older Americans. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/age/olderamericans/. Accessed June 20, 2014.
- 3. Karpiak SE, Shippy RA, Cantor MH. Research on Older Adults With HIV. New York: AIDS Community Research Initiative of America; 2006.
- 4. AVERT. HIV, Ageing and Comorbidities. http://www.avert.org/hiv-ageing-and-comorbidities.htm. Accessed June 20, 2014.
- 5. AVERT. Growing Older and Ageing With HIV. http://www.avert.org/growing-older-and-ageing-hiv.htm. Accessed June 20, 2014.
Episode 5 Survey
Feedback from your peers about HIV testing:
- 1. As an Allied Health Care Provider, which of the following high-risk behaviors are you most concerned about when it comes to the transmission of HIV?
- 100% Having unprotected sex with MSM or multiple partners
- 0% Injecting drugs or sharing needles with others
- 0% Exchanging sex for drugs or money
- 2. Approximately how many people does your organization test for HIV each year?
- 0% More than 10,000
- 0% Between 1,000 and 10,000
- 100% Less than 1,000
- 0% My organization does not conduct HIV testing
- 3. How big of a challenge is it to make sure that people who engage in high-risk behaviors get tested for HIV?
- 33.33% It is one of the biggest challenges
- 66.67% It is a significant challenge
- 0% It is somewhat of a challenge
- 0% It is not really a challenge