CDC=Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; GHB=gamma-hydroxybutyrate.
- 1. AIDS.gov. US Department of Health and Human Services. Substance Abuse/Use. http://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/substance-abuse-use/. Accessed September 19, 2014.
- 2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Today's HIV/AIDS Epidemic. http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/HIVFactSheets/Epidemic/. Accessed September 21, 2014.
- 3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV and Substance Use in the United States. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/behavior/substanceuse.html. Accessed September 19, 2014.
- 4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National HIV and STD Testing Resources: Frequently Asked Questions. http://hivtest.cdc.gov/faq.aspx. Accessed September 22, 2014.
Episode 6 Survey
Feedback from your peers about aging with HIV:
- 1. How has the average age of your clients changed over the past decade?
- 33.33% It has increased significantly
- 66.67% It has increased slightly
- 0% It has stayed about the same
- 0% It has decreased
- 2. Are older adults sufficiently aware of the risks of HIV transmission?
- 33.33% Yes, they are very aware of the risks
- 66.67% They are somewhat aware of the risks
- 0% They are often unaware of the risks
- 3. In addition to managing their HIV infection, which of the following is the biggest challenge for your older clients?
- 0% Comorbidities
- 50% Social isolation or depression
- 50% Stigma
- 0% Risk of drug-drug interactions